Our Pre-Swim Team program is for children ages 3+ who are not yet able to swim half the length of the pool. You can find info on our groups and sessions here.
What we're teaching your children
- Entering and exiting the water safely
- Breath control (at the early stages, this is done through blowing bubbles and submersion)
- On the wall
- With a kickboard
- Without a kickboard
- Front Glide (superman)
- Front glide with flutter kick - trying to get them to go a little further each time
- Freestyle arms (out of the water first, then in the water)
- Freestyle—trying to go a little further each time
- Back float—independently or supported
- Back glide (back superman!)
- Back kick (with kickboard) or without kickboard if they can streamline
- Backstroke—go a little further each time
More Advanced Skills
- Freestyle with rhythmic breathing
- Swimming underwater with breaststroke arms (flutter kick is ok)
- Breaststroke kick
- Jellyfish float (survival float)
- Retrieve a submerged object from the pool bottom
- Dolphin kick
Our goal is to give your children a good foundation in swimming and to get them ready for a future of competitive swimming!
Registration for the Flying Fish 2018 is full.
We will be starting our fall program at the Church of the Good Shepherd in Riverside in September.
If you'd like to sign up to be on our mailing list, please click here